Monday, June 23, 2008

Almost there...

Sorry I didnt post sooner but the govt computers would not let me get to blogspot until now. So I have arrived in Baghdad but waiting for a ride from the airport to the IZ. As the story goes I flew from the US to Germany (short layover) to Italy (short layover) to Qatar. While in Germany one of the guys was yelled at for trying to bring toothpaste on the plane. I explained he was deploying in support of the war on cavities...the lady did not think it was funny, I did though! I spent 3 days in Qatar waiting for a flight to Iraq. While in Qatar I slept in a huge, A/C charged tent...not bad but had nothing else to do. Could not get to my bags because they were in a holding area, so I lived out of my carry on for about 4 days...so I was short on clothes and showers...oh fun! Needless to say I smelled pretty bad. In addition, I took a midnight flight to Baghdad, a bus to the rally point only to find out the bus had already left. So back to the tents I went for another night...but these tents were not like the ones in Qatar...oh how I longed for the Qataristan tents. So late late tonight I should leave for the IZ and finally after a week of travel be at my final destination. Cant wait to bed down in my own place. Thanks in advance for all your prayers. More to come...

6 comments:

Jamee said...

First to post! What do I win?

Good to hear you are doing well (albeit a little smelly). Hope the rest of your trip is easier. Military flights have issues with you guys taking toothpaste or was that a civilian flight?

Jamee said...

One more thing..

What is the difference between the Green Zone and the IZ (international zone?)?

Liz Espeland said...

Nice lizisms in your post...lol. Prayin for ya big time as you head to the GZ...may you get there with all your limbs:):) That's hilarious about the toothpaste...are you getting moldy yet with no showers?:)

Anonymous said...

I would like to join the fight against cavities. Bring on the toothpaste! You can't see this but I'm high fiving you right now. Glad to hear you are almost there. I'm praying for you!!!

BTW - I think I am finally rubbing off on Amy. You should hear the stuff she is saying...enough to make me blush. :)

me said...

Jamee: IZ and Green Zone are the same thing, just changed names recently.

Liz: Smelly but no molding

Jenn: Please record all she says...

me said...

test