I was unable to blog yesterday because the internet was down...so I will discuss the events of the last couple days in this narrative. For now I am still in the tents...I made it clear I had a "no snoring" policy for the tent but some guy decided to ignore that policy last night. Lucky for him I have no clout or authority to enforce said policy and had to resort to using ear plugs. To make matters worse our tent is situated next to the helicopter pad. Therefore when the choppers take off you cant hear anything and the tent shakes. I feel like a bum sleeping under the overpass beneath a busy highway (or at least I think thats what it would feel like). And everyday during rush hour the choppers buzz our tents. My "helicopter flight path change" policy will probably not be granted.
I was told today I should be moving into a trailer soon, not holding my breath on that one. I visited what was the Baath Party HQ's today {note 1: Baath party was the ruling party during Saddams reign...pretty much the only party} and it has a massive hole in the roof from one of our larger bombs. If you recall during the initial hours of news coverage during "shock and awe" there was a huge building being bombed, that was the Baath Party HQ building. Anywho, it was interesting standing there seeing the finished product of shock and awe {note 2: will take photos and post them}. Also met with my bosses today in order to get set up with an office and all that goes along with it. Within the next couple days we should be working regular hours and beginning the process of working with the Army...I brought ear plugs for that too! I ran into a friend of mine I was deployed with the last time and he has already planned to get us connected with all the "right" people in the IZ. Its good to know people! Sorry I havent posted any photos yet, internet connection is slow and I havent had a chance to download them. And I apologize these blogs dont have more detail...for obvious reasons I leave alot of stuff out. More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My question is how exactly did you go back in time??? I thought today was June 26th but then again what do I know. :) I hope you find a better place to sleep soon because having the "no snoring policy" and "helicopter flight path policy" both not in effect is unnacceptable.
Jen, you're correct. He flew over in a DMC minus MJ Foxx! (or his blog is just messed up like the roof on the baath house) Very cool how you've already met some old buddies!! That has to make things better. (so everybody sing: it's a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small, small world!) i know some of you will be singing this song still Sunday in church! :-) you're welcome.
Post a Comment