Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Working hard or hardly working???


So I spoke too soon on the moving situation because I am apparently moving again…back to where I was originally. This news was somewhat expected so knowing this I didn’t unpack my bag completely until I received the final news. The position appears to be very interesting though and I will be working about 50 yards from where I will be living which is a relief. Looking forward to working on a consistent basis in an area where our skill set can be used. With all this moving I know if the Air Force doesn’t work out, with all my newly gained experience, I would be a shoe-in for the “Rooms-to-Go” moving technician position. I recently ran into a friend of mine from ROTC…weird to see him here of all places. Soon after seeing him I received an email from another friend from ROTC saying she saw me in the parking lot but was unable to track me down in time. Anyways, it’s been nice seeing so many people I know and catching up with them all. Keeps you sane and remembering there is a world outside of this.

The last few days have been somewhat uneventful. We have gone out on some missions but nothing too strenuous really, just some meet and greets. It’s interesting driving through the city and seeing all the townsfolk going about their daily business while we are cruising by in an armored vehicle with enough guns to start WWIII. Business owners are selling their goods while others are in their cars sitting in traffic, life seems normal. At first glance the city appears to be a typical 3rd world city, far from what many would consider a war zone, but knowing within it lays a war makes for an interesting sight picture. The complication of guerilla warfare is exemplified here due to the intertwined nature of warlike behavior and normal behavior, and us having to distinguish between the two.
On a more light hearted note, we have large cement barriers that surround our offices for obvious reasons. Well one of them has been dubbed the “Chuck Norris Wall” which has been reserved for writing all pro Chuck Norris (CN) phrases. If you are unfamiliar with the CN fan club lines I strongly encourage you to Google them…it’s a good laugh. For example, “CN counted to infinity… twice” ”Superman has CN bedsheets…”, “CN tears cure cancer, the problem is CN never cries” or my favorite “The boogie man looks under his bed for CN…”
I will end today with an interesting quote “A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in…and how many want out. Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you…and that’s Jesus Christ and the American G.I., one died for your soul, the other died for your freedom.” Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister, U.K.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

By the way--you look hardcore in your fatigues! I pity the terrorist fool who messes with Air Force Dave!

me said...

Chuck Norris doesnt sleep, he waits.

Chuck Norris brushes his teeth with barbed wire.

jgs said...

Chuck Norris has slammed a revolving door.

Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay's potato chip.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

me said...

behind Chuck Norris beard is a 3rd fist

Anonymous said...

Ok...why not...

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain...

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

and drum roll please...

Chuck Norris really likes the movie 101 Dalmatians. No one knows why...

me said...

and another one...

If you spell Chuck Norris in scrabble you win...forever!