Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anyone up for Olive Garden?

Sorry it’s been so long, I feel like I’m on radio in the sense that if no one calls the show how do I know anyone’s listening? (I know there are ratings just hear me out) With the blog I judge by the comments to see whether people are reading. Well I found a new method, stop writing and see the backlash you receive. Wow, I didn’t know so many read this thing but thanks, hope you are enjoying. So my apologizes, tiresome I know, but sincere. I find it difficult to write about most of my day as I cannot discuss most of it over this forum, not because I’m James Bond, just because information can give away details.

I have started going to church on Sunday night rather than trying to go in the morning because I find it easier. The morning never seems to work because of meetings and/or missions but no one is leaving the yard or having meetings after dark so at that time I have an opportunity to sneak away to church. For this reason my body was confused in the church atmosphere during evening hours immediately after work. I laughed to myself because I thought “this is probably what Pavlov’s Dog felt like…” (I put quotations because I don’t want to misquote myself or plagiarize my own words) because right after church ended I had a sudden craving for Chili’s (not a plug for Chili’s) or Red Lobster (see last comment). I realized every Sunday after the singing and sermon we all rush to get a table at a local restaurant and my body has become programmed, like Pavlovs Dog, to drool during the benediction. I had a sudden urge for chicken fingers or shrimp scampi when I heard the words “And all of Gods people said…” (‘let’s eat’ is not the proper response, I’ve learned that). Additionally, I was exhausted from work and walked straight over to church therefore it was a weird feeling dropping my gun and armor, then two seconds later be in church…it really throws the biological clock off. Usually I prepare for church, whether morning and evening, weekend or weekday, not just drop my war gear and be in church across the street. So anyways, I guess my body associated hymnals and preaching with eating out and my body was not happy when I went to the chow hall…maybe the church should have a support group for a disease like this.

So aside from my strange science project I have nothing really new to report. Camera is broke so I have no new photos. Just please keep us in your prayers as the elections get closer for both countries. The people we are fighting do not subscribe to freedom and therefore will obviously attempt to terrorize both nations while we express our freedom through our right to vote. And I encourage everyone to participate in voting process!!!! When you see a country in which people are hunted down and murdered just attempting to participate, then realize people in countries across the world kill each other just to have a chance to vote, makes you appreciate the opportunities we have. Take advantage…

9 comments:

Michael said...

In an effort to raise funds for your disease i am going to Olive Garden this week, probably after church. it is never ending pasta bowl time.

Laura said...

Keep posting! I enjoy reading your blog!

Cuz said...

Hiya Cuz,

Dad said to say hi.(an engineer and he can't figure out how to make this work) He says he really enjoys your writing style. Me too.
I'll be thinking of you while at the Garden, and I'll have a doggie bag waiting for you, but you've got to come here to get it. ;-)

Stay safe,
God Bless,
cuz

Bethe said...

I don't crave Olive Garden after church... my body craves a NAP! So night church would work great for me, I'd sleep like a baby afterward.

Stay safe! We miss you, friend!

Anonymous said...

So why didn't you just say you needed comments to keep your blog going? Consider it done. Now you will have to go to a blog a day. Ha! Talk about MTV Arabia...that sounds interesting. :)

Well take care of yourself and remember Oct. 10th is around the corner!!! Double digits!!!

BTW - not sure we can send you shrimp scampi but if there is something that can be shipped and you are craving it let me know.

Peace!
Jenn

Liz Espeland said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

So what did Liz say that had to be removed by a blog administrator - and was that you?? ;)
I do check OFTEN to see if you've added anything new. It's always another reminder, too, to keep praying for you.
So, have you heard anything about your absentee ballots yet?
Take care!
Jan

jgs said...

here's a comment.

turd :) said...

You shouldn't base what you do on what others say about you or what you do. Live you life the way you want! just thought i'd throw that advice back at you :))
Well, im sure you hear it enough , i know i do , but i love your blog .
haha i keep trying to get people to understand our jokes , still , no one does . obviously its a david , danielle thing . Where do people with one leg work ? there's a tough one for you ! hahaha :)

love always ,
turd [ danielle ]